Re: Turn key build system for poking and messing around with the sources

Le 09/10/2014 08:36, Lorenzo Marcantonio a écrit :
On Wed, Oct 08, 2014 at 11:33:39PM +0200, Benoît Roehr wrote:
Does someone have a turnkey solution for building and running eeschema alone
? Can it be done by tweaking winbuilder ? (help help !)
Well, if you only touch eeschema the rebuild will only recompile that!

So I see no needs for tweakings...

You answered exactly my concern ! I was searching a way to speed up the compilation. Ok, so now, I'm digging into the cMake script to build kicad from local source. I'll find this I think.

What is it that you are trying to do that you want a standalone eeschema?

There are a lot of ideas I would like to see become real in KiCad. But for the moment, I need to dig into the sources and poke things around, seeing what is doing what, what is possible or not, and I prefer to do it locally because I'm a beginner for big projects and I want clean and working code, which follows coding style rules. I also need to learn more about wxWidget, openGL, Canvas, Cairos, boost...etc...