Re: Library Editor naming consistency

On 14 October 2014 21:54, Mark Roszko <mark.roszko@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>The manual uses component throughout and indeed Component name in the UI
>>Component properties dialog. All the screenshots show Component too.
>>If eeschema has changed these, they should be changed back
>
> An manual should never define the software, it should explain the
> software. Or else we'll never have new features or evolutions in
> feature sets.

No, you do - you write the documentation first and then write the
code. Then you know what's called what and how it's meant to work.
Even if the documentation is a blueprint, or email or in this case the
manual.

As with all these things, it's just an opinion, but I nearly always
start with the documentation and then write the code to suit.

Best Regards,

Brian.