Re: tiny PATCH: correct comment describing destination of fp-lib-table

This is most likely due to Dick's kiway work.  One thing to keep in mind
is that the stand alone applications are free to operate outside the
scope of a project.  In other words, if you are running Eeschema in
stand alone mode, it will look to for a project file in the same
directory as the schematic that was opened.  Otherwise, no project is
assumed.  However, when Eeschema is launched by the KiCad application
launcher, it's behavior is different because this is always done in the
context of the currently loaded project.  It's possible that something
go missed during this transition.  However, this behavior should not be
changed.

On 10/17/2014 3:02 PM, Henner Zeller wrote:
> On 17 October 2014 11:57, Nick Østergaard <oe.nick@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> Hi Henner
>>
>> I noticed that this is the case for eeschema standalone only, so if
>> you start eeschema from kicad it loads the rest just fine. I am not
>> sure when this started.
>
> Good finding. I do very much prefer to start the programs
> independently, so I'll have a look what is differently.
>

>> Nick

>>> I'll see if I can work a bit on my TODOs that I have collected for
>>> KiCAD in the next couple of weeks.

Is one of the things on your TODO list to fix the component selection
dialog to only show the first instance of a component in the library
path order list when duplicate names are found?  There is currently a
bug (which is actually a well known bug in the design of Eeschema but
that fix will not happen until the new file formats are in place) that
allows the user to select a component that will not actually be used in
the schematic.  To work around this bug, you should not display any
components with duplicate names following the first one found in the
library search order.  In other words you cannot do a simple sort by
component name, you must remove all subsequent duplicate components
names from the selection lists.  I know this not elegant but this will
cause less confusion than the user getting the wrong component in their
schematic.  A user warning when duplicate component names may be useful.
 Of course this doesn't prevent the user from inadvertently change the
sort order of their libraries and getting a different component.