Re: kicad-install.sh requiring python-wxgtk3.0

> i did try this and it said it couldn't satisfy the dependancies..

Hi Jake, you can still install the package this way, inserting the
dependencies that need to be ignored. I built recent KiCads this way.

sudo dpkg --install --ignore-depends=_______ python-wxgtk3.0.deb

> If I can find a few savvy volunteers here who use their 14.04 machines
regularly and also want to test this for me, I can propose it be included
in official backports.

Hi Adam,

My main machine is running Xubuntu 14.04. I can test this for you during a
few weeks. After that, I plan tu update to 14.10 myself.

Do I have to compile with KICAD_SCRIPTING_WXPYTHON, or only KICAD_SCRIPTING?

Let me know when the backports are ready.

Regards,

Carl