Re: kicad-install.sh requiring python-wxgtk3.0

Hi folks,

I threw together a PPA today, with the source packages of wxpython3 and
wxwidgets3 from 14.10, rebuilt for 14.04.  It was relatively painless,
after I modified the backport package script I was using to let me make
arbitrary changes :)  I added mesa-common-dev as a build-dependency for
wxpython3.  (It looks like the Ubuntu folks added this dependency for
wxpython3 in August, and then in the next update, accidentally removed it.)

I have to stop working on this today, but if someone wants to play around
with it from here before I write more instructions...

https://launchpad.net/~adamwolf/+archive/ubuntu/kicad-trusty-backports

Don't let the Launchpad page fool you--there are 37 binary packages in the
PPA (
https://launchpad.net/~adamwolf/+archive/ubuntu/kicad-trusty-backports/+packages
).

Nick made some progress while I was on a walk this afternoon--I didn't
quite follow everything he did, so I continued this work.

Adam Wolf
Cofounder and Engineer
W&L

   -