Re: Stable release version numbers.

I have no objections. Using the triplet is the usual way and has some
minor advantages over a serial numer, in that it it easier to see if
big changes has been made, if the number is given as such. Personally
I don't mind the serial numbering scheme although it can be confusing
when close to the product rev numbers.

Nick