Re: kicad-install.sh requiring python-wxgtk3.0

Hi folks,

I do not think we should work on the build script anymore.  If the build
script worked very, very, well, it still doesn't help the vast majority of
our users, and by having the build script, we implicitly sign up for
supporting every user that wants to use it.

Completely honestly, I think that as soon as we have KiCad binary releases,
we should eliminate kicad-install.sh and turn it in to documentation
instead of something expected to be exectuable.  We already *have* a build
script--it's CMake!  If you're not debugging or adding features to KiCad, I
don't think you should have to compile it.

The maintenance of this script has a very real cost--this weekend I spent
most of Saturday setting up a backports PPA instead of working on binary
releases, and someone just reported that the kicad-install.sh script
doesn't work in Fedora 20 because the wx-config script is called
wx-config3.0 or something like that.

Adam Wolf
Cofounder and Engineer
W&L, LLC