Re: Fwd: Re: new documentation format

Ciao Marco,
It sounds very interesting, when the current webpage was setup we did try
to translate some main odt libre office files into something for the web,
Miguel can surely comment on this. Results were not so good and at the end
we kind of realize PDF might be already good.
Keep all these docs written in different languages in synch is a hard task
especially when guys like me what to redesign some new icons....
I know that Google has not yet given us the goods but is there anyway we
could consider some new format that gives us some automatic translation?
Also,I recently used Jekyll and github for some website work and results
where great. I used markdown for that. A static Jekyll-generated doc page
that might (in the near future) be automatically translated could be a way
to allow the KiCad GUI to directly present an (on line) help in different
languages without the need to go to the web (embedded browser in the GUI)

At the end of the day I feel that if we embark into an other doc format
shift, we need to get real advantages.

Just my very little 2 cent
Regards
Fabrizio

https://github.com/ciampix/kicad-doc/blob/master/src/asciidoc/cvpcb/po/cvpcb.pot

> You will see that there are many big paragraphs

Yeah, that po file looks good. Hopefully the document translators will
agree!

Best Regards,

Brian.