Re: parallel builds?

On 10/23/2014 5:16 AM, Brian Sidebotham wrote:
> On 23 October 2014 00:28, Wayne Stambaugh <stambaughw@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> Adam,
>>
>> I just committed the fix with my original patch along with a fix for the
>> missing files generated by make_lexer() in r5216.  Hopefully, this
>> solves the problem.
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> Wayne
>
> Excellent work Wayne!
>
> The duplicate specctra keywords lexer is what meant KiCad-Winbuilder
> always had to use a single job as the first build pass and then move
> to parallel jobs afterwards because otherwise you'd end up with a
> malformed specctra keywords lexer.
>
> So multiple issues are fixed with this commit! Thanks.
>
> Best Regards,
>
> Brian.

I didn't even know this was an issue.  I haven't used kicad-winbuilder.
 I don't remember it being discussed on the mailing list but maybe I
missed the conversation somewhere along the line.  I'm surprised I
haven't run into this.  The problems have been there for a couple of
years.  Hopefully this resolves the last of the parallel build issues.
Although there could be more lurking about in our CMake files.  If
anyone finds any more issues with parallel builds, please file a bug
report so they can be fixed.

Thanks,