Re: OSX: opening PCBNew standalone

Yes.
All the dependency relocation stuff is done in the install step.

You can run kicad launcher directly from build folder… it will use the hardcoded path to *your* dependencies. So it will run on your machine but not on other ones. Also, from within the launcher pcbnew, etc. will work.
The standalone binaries won’t run from build directory, because they won’t find the kiface dso’s… the load paths are hardcoded relative to the final main kicad.app bundle structure… which isn’t in place for the build folder of pcbnew, eeschema, etc.

Regards,
Bernhard