Re: Global Search Paths and fp-lib-table Entries?

OK, got it.
However, I am still trying to get some kind of “best practice” on how to configure things.

So, for pcbnew search stacks are already legacy.
That is, as a starting point for pcbnew I have the fp-lib-table file which lives in the preferences folder (which is ~/Library/Preferences/kicad on OSX).
Via the fp-lib-table I reference all my modules/footprints - I can use absolute paths, environment variables, etc. as I like.
The 3D-models referenced by modules/footprints are also always absolute paths but may contain environment variables.
Correct?

How am I supposed to configure libraries for eeschema?
I currently seem to have two working options:
(1) Use default kicad.pro to point it to your library path and your libraries. E.g.:
[eeschema]
LibDir=~/…somewhere…/Library

[eeschema/libraries]
LibName1=AtmelCorporation
The default kicad.pro seems to be found in
  …/templates
with “…” again being one of the search stack paths (which in contrast to pcbnew/fp-lib-table is at least on OSX not the preferences path).
(2) Just put your libraries to
  …/library

In general, is there anywhere a list of “supplemental” files (libraries, 3d-models, footprints, various kinds of templates, scripts, xml-Files for BOM, etc.) and where they should be located?

Regards,
Bernhard