Re: Footprint python plugin: Is it possible to merge ?

Hi All,

I wrote few months ago an extension to be able to write in python a
footprint library plugin.
ie: for the moment for footprint you have to choice between:
- Kicad
- Legacy
- GitHub
And I had write a "Python". You choose the python module to load (the
module name as an option of the python plugin) and this python
module have to implement some functions to do the job.

This code is currently under a branch :
lp:~kicad-developers/kicad/python_plugin

Specific code is mainly in pcbnew/fppython/ and there is a python
example in pcbnew/fppython/fppython_example.py.
IMHO that plugin should be named „pyDynamicFootprint” or similar.
Instead of creating a long library from 4 to 64 pins we can easily generate desired package footprint on demand.
--
Best Regards,
LordBlick