Re: Bug in footprint keyword search function

Le 11/11/2014 03:33, Carl Poirier a écrit :
> Hi all,
>
> I noticed the keyword search function does not work for some cases,
> unless there is something I don't understand.
>
> In pcbnew, hit "Add footprints". In the textbox, write "CNY17" and hit
> "Search by keyword". I get "No footprint found". I would expect some
> opto-devices to come out, for example the Optocoupler_6pin_wide_Stile-I
> which has "CNY17" in its keywords field.
>
> I can place it using the "List All" or "Select by browser", however, and
> if I create a footprint with a single keyword, then I can search for it.
>
> Can anyone confirm this issue or tell me if it's a normal behavior?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Carl

It works.
Keywords are a set of words, separated by spaces.

In the given example, the keywords are:
Optocoupler, 6pin,  wide (10mm pin, 8mm Pad), like CNY17, RevA, 31Mar2011
therefore actual keywords are
Optocoupler,
6pin,
wide
(10mm
pin,
8mm
Pad),
like
CNY17,
RevA,
31Mar2011

They are just a copy of the comment, and I am thinking very very badly
defined, at least because many keywords have no sense.

If you type the keyword actually defined in this list: "CNY17," you have
a list of footprints.

--
Jean-Pierre CHARRAS