Re: emacs switches to Git

Now if you self-host, you can do Gitlab https://about.gitlab.com/ but
it requires a bit of a VM or server to run, it's quite the resource
hog due to its design so for a heavy usage like KiCAD you absolutely
do not want to run it on a cheap VM without headaches :/
The alternative is to use Trac and separate git repo manager, it can
run on a cheap VM no problem.

As a counter to that... I've deployed/managed gitlab on a company manchine, and I've found it to be an excellent and very vibrant project. I would highly recommend it.

I can't speak to it's performance on tiny VMs, but it seems quite fine a very modest x86 box here.

Joel