Re: emacs switches to Git

>Pardon my ignorance, but I don't understand why a VCS move would entail a move away from launchpad. In my mind the mailing list, the website, the wiki >etc. are completely different things.

Aye, those are things that would be silly to move.

The only thing that's important is the issue tracking. Not only is
bazaar usage going to decline but also people signing up to launchpad
to report issues.

But for now, there's no reason not to move to github for the repo,
disable the issue tracker and add a README.md saying to use launchpad.