Re: emacs switches to Git

On 12 November 2014 13:33, Wayne Stambaugh <stambaughw@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> What is less clear is the hosting sight.  I'm am
> less than thrilled with using github because AFAIK it is not free
> software.

A small aside: are you aware that the KiCad site/wiki framework,
Confluence, is not free software?

On 12 November 2014 14:52, Joel Holdsworth <joel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I think that's rather overblown. At sigrok.org, we have a VPM hosting
>
> gitlite + cgit repo viewer
> bugzilla
> mediawiki
> mailman
>
> on Debian Stable

I envy the simplicity/leanness of this setup. I think when a move is
planned then I would argue for moving away from Confluence as well. It
would be good to consolidate everything, repo, bugs, wiki, mailing
lists, under one roof. I for one would be much more inclined to
contribute with a setup similar to the one above (not that I am under
any illusion that it is the main thing holding me back).