Re: emacs switches to Git

>>and my company has recently migrated from VSS (!?@!*$) to SVN. That move seems to be working well for us, since we have no need for distributed development.
>
> A stone tablet is an improvement over VSS hehe.SVN works just fine
> when you are inhouse, are all company employees and don't care about
> spamming a server up with branches and commits. Any DVCS (Git, Bazaar
> and Hg) is king when you have many strangers on the internets working
> on a project, which allows them all to do their own work while
> tracking it locally and only pushing branches when needed.
>
>>I think that the choice of the version-control system isn't even on the radar. I simply downloaded bzr from Launchpad and installed it on my Macs and it does what it is supposed to do.
>
> Honestly, my biggest peeve is with launchpad and not bzr. Launchpad is
> slower than dialup for me most of the time, it takes ages to load any
> page. The issue tracker is insane to consider "Fix committed" bugs as
> "Open bugs". It also fails to remember your search settings so you
> must constantly put them back to find the open bugs. There are pages
> that you can only navigate to in some odd order which could be done
> faster by skipping the intermediate pages.

Indeed lp can be very slow at times, but a tip is to save the serach
as a bookmark and add a keyword to it (firefox), then I can just type
my magic keyword into the addressbar and the page appears. I have a
search that searches for new bugs with the date last updated. That
makes it easy to see what new stuff has appeared.