Re: Detecting Colliding Zones Across Layers

That was my original thought, but I wasn't sure if that was too heavy
handed since it could break existing designs?  Though of course, they'd be
bad designs if they relied on this as a "feature".  If the choice is to
force a zone re-fill I'd request that it does a zone re-fill before DRC as
well.

Should this be filed as a bug?  I'm happy to do so, but I thought this
could benefit from some discussion first.

The good news, I just found my 3/64 bits from the last time I did this, and
drilling out the via through the inner layers does indeed disconnect my
power and ground nets, so this was definitely my problem.  Easy enough to
fix, especially since this was only 5 prototype boards, but I'd have been
real mad at myself if this was a large run!

-Ian