New documentation format.

It's been a few weeks and I haven't heard anything so I'll assume
everyone who is interested has looked at Marco's evaluation.  The only
folks I didn't hear from were the translators.  I would be nice to know
what their preferences are with regard to the new format.  I would like
to get this moving so the first order of business is to decide on a
format.  Looking at the different formats, it seems to me that either
asciidoc (easiest to read text format) or reStructuredText (full
implementation) be the new format.  Given the differences between
markdown implementations (which there seems to be quite a few of), I
would rather not depend on it since it seems to straddle the fence
between asciidoc and rst.  I've personally played around with asciidoc
and rst and to be honest I didn't find rst all that bad once I cleaned
up the formatting of the documentation converted from the odt file some
I'm currently leaning that way at the moment since it supports almost
all of the elements of docbook.  Lets see if we can come to a consensus
over the new few weeks.

Thanks,