Re: New documentation format.

On 11/25/2014 8:59 PM, Fat-Zer wrote:
> <mailto:stambaughw@xxxxxxxxxxx>>:
>
>     > Are there any plans on reorganization of doc/translation repository from
>     > scratch?
>     > e.g. IMO it would be a good decision to drop the history of generated
>     > files like pdf's and *.mo and exclude them from being indexed.
>
>     Yes, all of the binary files will be removed from the source tree and
>     generated using makefiles created by CMake.  It may take awhile to get
>     all of the CMake stuff in place but that is the plan.
>
> I wanna help up with cmake scripting, I can prepare a template
> repository with ready to use cmake scripts and phony docs if it will be
> appreciated.

It would be greatly appreciated.  You should wait until we finalize the
required documentation tools so you can use CMake to check for the
availability of the tools.  Otherwise, you may have to redo it.  Brian
Sidebotham also volunteered to help with the CMake scripts.  Brian has a
lot of experience with CMake (he wrote the kicad-winbuilder) so he would
be a good resource.

I'm hoping we can nail down the document format and tools in the next
few weeks.  Please coordinate your efforts with Marco since he will most
likely be doing a lot of the document conversion from the current
format.  We have talked about using GitHub to host the documentation so
that decision will also need to be made.

In the future, please reply to the mailing list so other folks know your
intentions so they can help out and/or prevent duplicate efforts.  Thank
you for volunteering to help out with this important part of the project.

Cheers,