Re: New documentation format.

> On 11/25/2014 8:59 PM, Fat-Zer wrote:
>> <mailto:stambaughw@xxxxxxxxxxx>>:
>>
>>     > Are there any plans on reorganization of doc/translation repository from
>>     > scratch?
>>     > e.g. IMO it would be a good decision to drop the history of generated
>>     > files like pdf's and *.mo and exclude them from being indexed.
>>
>>     Yes, all of the binary files will be removed from the source tree and
>>     generated using makefiles created by CMake.  It may take awhile to get
>>     all of the CMake stuff in place but that is the plan.
>>
>> I wanna help up with cmake scripting, I can prepare a template
>> repository with ready to use cmake scripts and phony docs if it will be
>> appreciated.
>
> It would be greatly appreciated.  You should wait until we finalize the
> required documentation tools so you can use CMake to check for the
> availability of the tools.  Otherwise, you may have to redo it.  Brian
> Sidebotham also volunteered to help with the CMake scripts.  Brian has a
> lot of experience with CMake (he wrote the kicad-winbuilder) so he would
> be a good resource.
>
> I'm hoping we can nail down the document format and tools in the next
> few weeks.  Please coordinate your efforts with Marco since he will most
> likely be doing a lot of the document conversion from the current
> format.  We have talked about using GitHub to host the documentation so
> that decision will also need to be made.

For the moment the conversion/decision process is hosted on Marco's
git repo on github, so if the cmake'ers can't wait, they could work
from that already. I know that Marco has spent some time to write
normal Makefiles, so I guess they could help a little on what commands
actually is needed to generate the docs. I am sure he will be happy
with any help or involvement he can get to work with cmake. But not to
forget, since the format has not been decided yet, work will be lost
if one decide to support all the formats available for testing.