Re: Gerbview enhancements.

On Wed, Nov 26, 2014 at 09:54:50PM +0100, Thiadmer Riemersma wrote:
> A question (because I am confused): are attributes not exclusive to X2?
>
> I understand the Gerber specification as: X1 = RS274X = Gerber without
> attributes, and X2 = RS274X + attributes.

RS274D (pieces of)
    Legacy gerber (external aperture definitions), officially obsolete and not conforming

RS274X rev I4
    Standard gerber until last year, some commands are deprecated

RS274X rev J1 a.k.a. RS274X2
    Current standard gerber with attributes. Also drill tapes can
    'officially' be done in gerber, now (if someone supports them is
    another story...)

In short, yes, you are right :D

--
Lorenzo Marcantonio