Re: Trapezoidal pads and planes.

On 27.11.2014 17:18, jp charras wrote:
> Le 27/11/2014 12:22, "Torsten Hüter" a écrit :
>> Hi Jean-Pierre,

> Currently this in not the case in Pcbnew.
> This is acceptable for microwave applications, which are very specific
> (even DRC is specific in microwave applications, because traces are not
> equipot)

Dear Jean-Pierre & Torsten,
> But for usual applications DRC must take in account polygons.
> Currently I do not know a way to do that with a calculation time
> compatible with the on line DRC (calculating min dist between polygons
> is not as fast as calculating a min dist between basic shapes.

I fully support the polygonal copper shapes, this can be used to
parametrically generate all RF components (TX lines, stubs, bends,
couplers, etc.) according to values provided on the schematics.

Concerning the DRC - don't worry, it will come, sooner or later. The
geometry code that is used by the P&S can do DRC *really* fast.

-my 5 cents.

T.