Re: building on MSWin

On 12/7/2014 10:01 PM, Cirilo Bernardo wrote:
> Hi Folks,
>
>  What are the latest developments in building in MSWin from source?
>
>  I attempted to build with MSYS2 + mingw64 last week so that I could
> check that any
> changes I make will build on Windows and also so I could check the
> installation of my
> VRML tools; I can build and install my VRML tools without any problems
> but KiCad
> itself fails when kiface is being linked (the failure seems to be an
> issue with
> mingw64-x86_64).
>
> - Cirilo

Hey Cirilo,

I'm using msys2 without issues.  The easiest way to build kicad is to
use the package builder.  You can install git and clone all of the mingw
packages at https://github.com/stambaughw/MINGW-packages.  CD to the
MINGW-packages/mingw-w64-kicad-git and run makepkg-mingw --syncdeps to
install all of the kicad build dependencies.  I haven't tested this
completely on a fresh install yet so there may some missing
dependencies.  Once all of the dependencies are installed run
makepkg-mingw to build the pacman package to install.  This will take a
long time as both the mingw32 and mingw64 packages are build.  Then use
pacman to install your new package.  The package built will be the
latest version of the github copy of kicad.  If everything builds OK,
you should be able to build from source.  Take a look at the
MINGW-packages/mingw-w64-kicad-git/PKGBUILD file to see the cmake
command used to configure the kicad build.  Hopefully I'll soon have
some free time to write a compiling file for msys2/mingw64(or 32).

Cheers,