Various pcbnew usability bugs/annoyances

OK, I am back to actually using Kicad for a design. I am on BZR 5337 on OS X 10.9.5. In no particular order:

a) In default canvas mode, using V to drop a via and switch to the other layer in the layer pair works as expected. In the OpenGL canvas, V (sometimes) drops the via but doesn't switch to the other layer.

b) In the OpenGL canvas, mouse scroll wheel zooms and pans "rationally," by which I mean it zooms in and out smoothly without changing the center about which it zooms. In the default canvas, the zooming in and out pans the display in an unusable manner, regardless of the setting of "Do not center and warp cursor on zoom."

c) Trace clearance is never shown in the OpenGL canvas, regardless of the setting of the "Show Tracks Clearance" preference. It works as expected in the default canvas.

d) The jump-to-matching-selected feature (click a part in the PCB and the schematic zooms to that part, and click a part in the schematic and the PCB zooms to that part) works fine in the default canvas and is totally broken for the OpenGL canvas.

These are the main issues I've come across so far.

-a

Follow ups