Re: Availability of the KiCad coding style policy

On 1/5/2015 7:28 PM, Adam Wolf wrote:
> I think that is a good idea.
>
> Is our "coding standard checker" script still working well?

I haven't used uncrustify in a while so I'm not sure.  The last time I
did use it, it seemed to handle everything OK except the _() macros
which for some reason the strings got moved to a new line which made for
some less than desirable formatting.  They are easy enough to fix by hand.

> Adam Wolf
>
> On Mon, Jan 5, 2015 at 5:23 PM, Nick Østergaard <oe.nick@xxxxxxxxx
> <mailto:oe.nick@xxxxxxxxx>> wrote:
>
>     Hi Wayne
>
>     I was just looking at the coding style policy in
>     Documentation/coding_style_policy.pdf and think the format (pdf) is
>     not that great for linking and sharing to newcomers.

I agree with your logic but the reason it was done this way was to
prevent unsolicited changes and maintain control of the coding policy.
I am not opposed to converting the policy to markdown and adding it to
the doxygen-docs as long as everyone understands that under _no_
circumstances is the coding policy to be modified without the consent of
the development team and approval of the lead developers.  I believe I
have the latest odt version of the coding policy which can be converted
to markdown using odt2sphinx and then using sphinx to convert the rst
file to markdown.  I'm not sure Doxygen's markdown support is complete
so I don't know how much manual work would be required.

>     Would it be a good idea to convert it to md for the use in the
>     doxygen-docs along side the roadmap and stable realease policy?
>
>     I would expect that all the formatting in the document can be
>     converted to md such that it is "rendered" properly by doxygen.

If you are interested in converting this, please let me know and I will
send you the latest odt file.

Thanks,

Wayne