OSX path wrangling

I'm so sorry.  Again, duplicate message to Adam.  This is the last time, I promise! Sorry!

Yes, great, talk about instant gratification  :D.  In this case, all I can really do is confirm that what you're doing will give a pleasant, 'native' experience.  Even big commercial packages basically ignore that. (I'm giving you an evil glare, CADSoft Eagle) It's going to be really great to have a really good EDA solution with nice behavior on OS X, it's been a long wait!

My vote is to default to ~/Documents, but that amounts to an alias on a dmg and adding it to the search path stack.  But that's just an idea.  I would be happy to deal with those changes, and/or adding a file dialog to manually change or select a path.  I think a "Load table file..."  button in pcbnew's Library Tables window might be a good spot, though that window is pretty dense.  I am weak at interface design, so if anyone has some thoughts, let me know.  Assuming manual path selection is something we want.
--
"Violence is the last refuge of the incompetent." - Isaac Asimov

Follow ups