Re: file version compatibility (optional tokens in s-expression files)

On 1/13/2015 1:47 PM, Nick Østergaard wrote:

>>> AFAIK the current policy in kicad is simply to force to upgrade :D
>>
>> Which is bad, if we want to distribute stable releases and some OS do
>> not update straight away.

This would really be bad if we charged them $295 to upgrade to the
latest version so they could open the latest file version. ;)  I feel a
bit less guilty about asking users to upgrade when the cost is a little
bit of inconvenience, bandwidth, and time.  Once we get the nightly
builds up to snuff for all platforms, I'll feel even less guilty.