Re: Netnames convention. Was: Boomerang[...]

Le 16/01/2015 16:38, LordBlick a écrit :
>>> I'm checking on that list Checkbox("I don't like any extra, not ordered
>>> „/” in net name.") :]
>>
>> Like C/C++ variables, there are local or global netnames.
>>
>> Local netnames are prefixed by the name of the sheet path.
>> global netnames are not prefixed
>> All EDA tools I know do that, or something like.
>>
>> And this is not a mess, this is just mandatory.
>>
>> "I like to have netnames exactly, as I name it"
>>
>> Perhaps you like, but you cannot.
>> At least as long you are using a schematic tool which knows what is a
>> hierarchy and complex hierarchies, and therefore local and global
>> netnames.
>>

> Netlist generator could be merciful to me, when it would not have found
> hierarchical information sheets.
> Alternatively in netlist dialog might be included same or similar
> checkbox as I mention above… ;)
> Temporary I use some external tools.
> Why that ? Because local labels takes less place(no additional wire), so
> with my very small library symbols I can design without hierarchical
> sheets… ;->

" Netlist generator could be merciful to me, when it would not have
found hierarchical information sheets"

I *fully* disagree.

About net names, the most important issue occurs when a net name used by
a zone is changed, for some reasons.

This is roughly was happens for you.

I spent a *lot of time* to try to fix this issue over the years, using
different ways.

Currently, it can happens, but the way net names are now built minimize
this possibility.

Having a netlister which changes its behavior when it founds (or not) a
hierarchy is reopen this can of worms.

The reason is due to the fact you can start you design without using a
sub-sheet, and later, create a hierarchy, for some reason.
When happens, the board will be broken.

I have some ideas to solve the netname zone issues, but I do not
volunteer to spend a lot of time just to remove one letter to the
netnames in some designs.

--
Jean-Pierre CHARRAS