Re: eeschema freeze BZR5378

Might be a memory leak - takes 20 seconds to use all available memory..

Does it unfreeze by itself, or do you have to kill the process - perhaps
from another computer via ssh ?
OS is stable and responsible, only eeschema is „pondering”… Dig bitcoin ? ;)
Freeze is about 20s, so after it GUI or in real canvas returns to responsibility.
This rather is not memory leak, because memory usage meter applet on my desktop
doesn't show any abnormal memory consumption.
Problem still exist in r5379. Also I've noticed randomly very big delay between
commanding „Exit” (Ctrl+Q) end closing window of eeschema.
Some 0.05€ from user view:
I also noticed that if you edit the schema library in an external editor is
necessary to fully close the kicad, which seems a little curious. Even in very
old DOS Protel(90's) editor scheme symbols are included in scheme project, no
need any other file(no problems with library paths) to easy share.
IMHO power lib should be separately selectable, cause eeschema netlist generator
doesn't respect power symbols from other library than power.lib, which has too
large symbols to me and is installed in non user modifiable path in Linux.
The current editor is poor. Once drawn graphic element can only move or delete,
so I often use an ordinary text editor than that one of kicad.
I'm going to create own independent libeditor (python of course), if I'll find
more time.
--
Best Regards,
LordBlick