Re: eeschema freeze BZR5378

Le 19/01/2015 12:29, Nick Østergaard a écrit :

>>> Might be a memory leak - takes 20 seconds to use all available memory..
>>>
>>> Does it unfreeze by itself, or do you have to kill the process - perhaps
>>> from another computer via ssh ?
>>
>> OS is stable and responsible, only eeschema is „pondering”… Dig bitcoin ? ;)
>> Freeze is about 20s, so after it GUI or in real canvas returns to
>> responsibility.
>> This rather is not memory leak, because memory usage meter applet on my
>> desktop
>> doesn't show any abnormal memory consumption.
>> Problem still exist in r5379. Also I've noticed randomly very big delay
>> between
>> commanding „Exit” (Ctrl+Q) end closing window of eeschema.
>
> Can you replicate this consistently? How? I can not reproduce by
> trying som random resistors in my schmatic.

I also am not able to reproduce this issue (on Kubuntu 10.04 LTS French
version)

>> Some 0.05€ from user view:
>> I also noticed that if you edit the schema library in an external editor is
>> necessary to fully close the kicad, which seems a little curious.

It is not curious, libraries are loaded when starting Kicad.
Therefore when changes are made outside KiCad, they are not seen.
Editing libs outside Kicad is possible, but this is not an usual way of
work.

 Even in

--
Jean-Pierre CHARRAS