Re: file version compatibility (optional tokens in s-expression files)

Le 20/01/2015 16:27, Lorenzo Marcantonio a écrit :
> On Tue, Jan 20, 2015 at 10:19:08AM -0500, Wayne Stambaugh wrote:
>> I'm not terribly thrilled about that idea.  One of the things we have
>> changed over the years is to move board specific settings out of the
>> project file and into the board file.  This makes the board file more
>> portable.  If you put board configuration information in the project
>
> If you look into the project file there is *almost* nothing that
> couldn't be more usefully placed in the board or schematic files...

Most of these settings are already saved in the .kicad_pcb files
They are useful as default settings for new boards.

> Even the page layout should be chosen at the application level, not at
> the project level

What do you mean ?
This is the same thing for me.

 (it's confusing for the user too: sets the page layout
> in pcbnew and it get's changed in eeschema!).

I am surprising by this sentence:

the page layout is set for schematic under [schematic_editor] and
*separately set* for the board editor under [pcbnew]

> The problem at the moment is that some 'root' level information don't
> have a good place in eeschema (since there is no concept of 'root sheet'
> in itself to keep them).

This is surely the next major change needed in Eeschema.

--
Jean-Pierre CHARRAS