Re: KiCad Usability

Hello,
In the past years I have taken care of all KiCad icons with some efforts on
menus renaming etc.

In my humble opinion the usability of KiCad needs to be improved asap,
icons need to be uniformized more and the suggestion of adding labels at
the 8 icons at the bottom is great.

The problem I personally have had in the last years is that sometimes
developers (without any bad intentions) like to change modify icons without
really thinking enough about it. For instance right now out of the 8 main
startup KiCad window icons, the first four have a black pencil that is, in
my opinion, unnecessary and wrongly formatted (size mismatch).

I sometimes try to contribute to these kinds of problems but it is not easy
to continuously correct those mistakes and it takes lots of effort.
Developers change things with all the good intentions and key developers do
take care as much as they can about it but, in my opinion, in such an open
source project, it is not easy to establish who should change what. I am
sure this problem does not only apply to KiCad looks but to code as well.

When icons/looks is changed documentation synch is a massive problem.
People who have taken care of help docs generally tend to do crazy about
it. At least I do.

Hope this helps

Cheers
Fabrizio