Re: OS X Menu Icons, Boost, Symlinkery

The Apple OSX HIG for a long time was marching towards the no bitmaps in
menus philosophy.  It appears that they are now changing course if I'm
reading this correctly:

https://developer.apple.com/library/mac/documentation/UserExperience/Conceptual/OSXHIGuidelines/MenuIconsSymbols.html#//apple_ref/doc/uid/20000957-CH27-SW1

Go figure?  To answer your question, the older OSX HIG recommended not
using images in menus so that is why they are disabled on OSX.  I don't
use OSX so I don't have a preference.  If this is something that the
majority of OSX users would prefer, I'm fine with enabling them by
default again.  Hopefully this is not a back and forth thing where in
another 3 years it will be taboo to have images in menus again.