Re: fp-lib-tables UI question

On 01/22/2015 03:37 PM, Wayne Stambaugh wrote:
On 1/22/2015 4:35 PM, Bob Gustafson wrote:
If I don't do anything, KiCad wants the definition of KISYSMOD as an
environment variable.
This is only true if you keep a copy of the footprint libraries on your
system and you don't use the GitHub plugin to access them from
https://github.com/KiCad.  Otherwise ${KISYSMOD} is replaced with
${KIGITHUB}.  Either way, you need the correct environment variable set.
  Otherwise, no libraries.

Yep

What I do is:  (in a Terminal window)

export KISYSMOD='~/kicad_sources/library-repos'

To run kicad - using the same Terminal window (to pick up the KISYSMOD def)

~/KiCad/bin/kicad.app/Contents/MacOS/kicad

It runs, but when I try to pick up some components - it wants .mod files
- the repo directory only has .pretty

Later - I have to go now.

Bob G

The window PCB LIBRARY TABLES shows ${KISYSMOD}/ in front of every
component.

The panel below on the PCB LIBRARY TABLES window shows KISYSMOD as an
undefined environment variable.

Kicad has trouble if KISYSMOD is not defined prior to running kicad

Bob G