Re: OS X Menu Icons, Boost, Symlinkery

On 1/23/2015 11:15 AM, jp charras wrote:
> Le 23/01/2015 17:08, Bob Gustafson a écrit :
>> Curious that it is turned off for Apple. Maybe bad things will happen?

Apparently at one point Apple considered images in menus a bad thing.
However, enabling them on OSX should not cause any issues that I am
aware of.

> Not curious.
> The reason is few years ago, we just have a OSX fundamentalist who had
> write rights to the repository.

I don't see this as an issue.  If the folks at Apple deem that images in
menus are not compatible with their HIG, who am I to argue?  I've never
done any UI testing so I am not in any position to challenge their
findings other than my own personal preferences.  My goal is to keep
KiCad in line with the HIG for a given platform.  It's nothing more than
that.  As I said before, if the majority of OSX users would prefer
images in menus as the default, it's easy enough to change.