Re: Build options for asciidoc documentation

On Fri, Feb 13, 2015 at 11:17:24AM +0000, Brian Sidebotham wrote:
> Hi Guys,
>
> I was going to start the CMake stuff soon for the asciidoc
> documentation, but I'd like to know what toolchains people want to
> support. I'll start a Github repo and we can get stuck in. I'll try
> and base it on Fat-Zer's starting point where possible.
>
> HTML can be done via:
>
> asciidoc (python)
> asciidoctor (ruby)

Please note that i18n in asciidoctor is not in place so some items will
not be nationalized. For instance the toc title or the special
note/warning/tips will always be in English.

It seems that asciidoctors devs know about the problem and in a near
future that could be resolved.

So, for now, I suggest to stick with asciidoc.

If we manage to filter the output substituting the untranslated sections,
that command could be used anyway.

> PDF can be done via:
>
> a2x
> a2x --fop (useful toolchain on Windows)

Another method is to convert the document into docbook first and then use
pdflatex to obtain the pdf output. Follow a command example:

dblatex -b xetex -P latex.output.revhistory=0 -P doc.publisher.show=0 -P doc.collab.show=0 -s pdf-cover-dblatex.sty document.xml

bye

--

Marco Ciampa

| GNU/Linux User  #78271 |