Re: 3D Viewer crushes whole KiCAD with this file

Have you tested this with the latest version of KiCad?  There have been
some fixes applied to the VRML parser in the last few commits.  I'm not
getting a segfault on windows using gcc 4.9.2.  Granted, the VRML parser
cannot correct parse the wrl file you posted but it does not crash.  It
just shows the footprint without the 3D model.