Re: 3D Solid Model development

Just an update to my previous message - I will implement IGES
from scratch. The OpenCascade IGES implementation, like
the STEP implementation, does not allow for the creation of
correct hierarchical assemblies. The consequence of that defect
is that every instance of every solid feature will be represented as
a top-level entity. This will cause most if not all MCAD software to
produce many thousands of native parts files for even trivial
STEP/IGES assemblies. Even a simple board + QFP180 would be
at least 182 files, which is absolutely not acceptable. Mechanical
assemblies can be complex enough without trivial parts flooding
the working directories.

- Cirilo