Re: Assembly Variant Management Feature

Yep. It's about optionally placed components and their variant based values. Using a separate application could also do the job but I believe in "one information source", which is in this case the Eeschema file. In Altium you can edit the placement option visually and also edit (or bulk edit) the values regarding to the variant. Also you can define additional variables for the variants.

I thought it would be nice if we could have it in also KiCad.

We are managing the BOM's with this style in our company and it had had decreased errors drastically. Before this method the old team was creating variants in somewhere else (Excel file). That was too error prone and causes headaches even today.

May I ask what you are using for your variant management?

/// Murat Ursavaş
/// www.muratursavas.com