Re: Text substitution in footprint fields - any progress?

On 04.03.2015 09:49, Lorenzo Marcantonio wrote:
On Wed, Mar 04, 2015 at 09:32:30AM +0200, Sergey A. Borshch wrote:
Hello everybody.

As far as I remember Lorenzo anounced his implementation of text
substitution of %R and %V patterns with RefDes and Value fields content. Is
there any progress in merging this feature into product branch? This feature
could be very useful (really necessary) within assembly layers.

AFAIK it already is, and was done *exactly* for that purpose (extra
fields to have the refdes in both silk and assembly for connectors, for
example)

Seems like it dosn't works for me (today buld). See attached screenshots. Can you tell what am I doing wrong?

Application: pcbnew
Version: (2015-03-03 BZR 5472)-product Release build
wxWidgets: Version 3.1.0 (debug,wchar_t,compiler with C++ ABI 1002,GCC 4.8.2,wx containers)
Platform: Linux 3.13.0-24-generic x86_64, 64 bit, Little endian, wxGTK
Boost version: 1.54.0
         USE_WX_GRAPHICS_CONTEXT=OFF
         USE_WX_OVERLAY=OFF
         KICAD_SCRIPTING=OFF
         KICAD_SCRIPTING_MODULES=OFF
         KICAD_SCRIPTING_WXPYTHON=OFF
         USE_FP_LIB_TABLE=HARD_CODED_ON
         BUILD_GITHUB_PLUGIN=OFF
         KICAD_USE_WEBKIT=OFF

It's not in the documentation because it was in the flux period (they
were deciding on the new format).

--
Regards,
  Sergey A. Borshch            mailto: sb-sf@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx