Date: Wed, 4 Mar 2015 14:34:08 +0100
From: l.marcantonio@xxxxxxxxxxxx
To: kicad-developers@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Kicad-developers] Getting started?

On Wed, Mar 04, 2015 at 08:22:51AM -0500, Wayne Stambaugh wrote:
> That's not likely to happen given our resource limitations.  KiCad is a
> very large project and it takes a long time to wrap your head around all
> of it.  It's definitely not a project for the casual developer.

Also, the design of kicad predates many OO concepts; many things that
could be done with virtuals are done with switch statements, for
example. You talked about patterns, these are almost absent, except for
recent code.

That could be a good or bad thing, depending on you view on OO
techniques:P

--
Lorenzo Marcantonio
Logos Srl