Re: Announcing work on providing windows nightlies

On 3/12/2015 12:00 PM, Jonatas wrote:
> Great job,
>
> Last week I made a compilation test using own msys2 64bis packages
> (mingw_x86_64 *). He did compile kicad in 64bis successfully. Not tested
> it working yet, but the interface opens normally.
>
> It will be great to have build night of windows. Compiling from source
> is painful and takes time.
>
> I suggest you have the binary version of the 64bit kicad. Currently
> kicad-WinBuilder makes only 32 bits of binary of kicad.
>
> greetings,
>
> Jonatas Evaristo
> Electronic Engineer

> <mailto:oe.nick@xxxxxxxxx>>:
>
>     Greetings
>
>     Just to announce it for the people interested: Windows nightlies
>     should soon be a reality.
>
>     A week or so ago I started looking into packaging the windows builds
>     that was created in MSYS2, where I made a script and upgraded the NSIS
>     install script to make it work together, including python scripting.
>     This currently seems to work. My work is currently hosted on [2], but
>     I will try to merge it with [1] soon. I have stashed some builds on
>     [3], that interested people can try out. Be aware that they are in
>     testing, but feedback would be appreciated.
>
>     I discovered that Brian Sidebotham was looking into making the kicad
>     winbuilder use MSYS2, so I am working together with Brian Sidebotham
>     on upgrading the kicad winbuilder to use the MSYS2 environment, which
>     should ease the creation of the toolchain and the dependencies. This
>     work is currently on [1].

FYI.  Using the msys2/mingw64 builds of wxWidgets 3.0.2-3, wxWidgets is
compiled with -std=gnu++11 which breaks the KiCad build.  I'm guessing
that KiCad will build with the -std=gnu++11 option but I haven't tried
it yet.  I filed a bug report so I'm guessing it will be fixed soon so
you may run into problems.  You can always downgrade the wxWidgets
package to 3.0.2-2.