The omissions when using -DPYTHON_DEST=${HOME}/local/sitepkgs

Application: kicad
Version: (2015-03-09 BZR 5487)-product Release build
wxWidgets: Version 3.0.2 (debug,wchar_t,compiler with C++ ABI 1002,GCC 4.9.2,wx containers,compatible with 2.8)
Platform: Linux 3.18.9-200.fc21.x86_64 x86_64, 64 bit, Little endian, wxGTK
Boost version: 1.57.0
         USE_WX_GRAPHICS_CONTEXT=OFF
         USE_WX_OVERLAY=OFF
         KICAD_SCRIPTING=ON
         KICAD_SCRIPTING_MODULES=ON
         KICAD_SCRIPTING_WXPYTHON=ON
         USE_FP_LIB_TABLE=HARD_CODED_ON
         BUILD_GITHUB_PLUGIN=ON
         KICAD_USE_WEBKIT=ON

I did, finally, manage to build wxPython-3.0.2; of course only by munging the build flags a bit. Not a real fix for the defective wxPython swig files.

Now, greedy as ever, I want a flag that doesn't exist on Linux (fedora 21). A flag that says 'cmake put all files destined for installation in the python site_packages directory into my ${HOME}/local/sitepkgs directory instead.' What really happens with the cmake flag -DPYTHON_DEST as it is, is that it correctly puts _pcbnew.so and pcbnew.py into ${HOME}local/sitepkgs, but only those two. My PYTHON_PATH points to this directory. This works correctly as far as it goes. What it doesn't also put in my sitepkgs are the many useful python scripts

bga_wizard.py
qfp_wizard.py
pad_arrays.py
PadArray.py
__init__.py
HelpfulFootprintWizardPlugin.py
FPC_(SMD_type)_footprintwizard.py
FootprintWizardDrawingAids.py
touch_slider_wizard.py
sdip_wizard.py

These files exist in the src tree in pcbnew/scripting/plugins.
I copied, outside of cmake, these files into my sitepkgs directory. Now I can bring up a python shell in pcbnew and import these python scripts.

I never had access to these files before. I presume this work-around is correct. We will need to fix this omission after the once and a future stable release happens.