Re: Review and help on Non Plated TH - Mechanical to polygon conversion

Le 22/03/2015 11:45, Mário Luzeiro a écrit :
> Hi all,
>
> While working in 3D-Viewer, I found something that I am not sure if is an issue or feature.
>
> It seems that the Non plated TH PAD types are extracted the way you can see in the attached picture. I was expecting no copper at all, but some "precision residues" are left ..
>
> Anyone that understands this part could have a look and maybe check if it is possible to skip this NPTH pads?
>
> I think it is related with:
>
> https://github.com/KiCad/kicad-source-mirror/blob/master/3d-viewer/3d_draw.cpp#L692
>
> TransformPadsShapesWithClearanceToPolygon function:
> https://github.com/KiCad/kicad-source-mirror/blob/f16e083ecfec6ef773c198b4243ff441da6b5adc/pcbnew/board_items_to_polygon_shape_transform.cpp#L130
>
> BuildPadDrillShapePolygon function:
> https://github.com/KiCad/kicad-source-mirror/blob/f16e083ecfec6ef773c198b4243ff441da6b5adc/pcbnew/board_items_to_polygon_shape_transform.cpp#L656
>
> Any help on that?
> I could try change it myself, but I believe I will miss some scenario and break something :/
>
> Thanks in advance!
>
> Regards,
> Mario Luzeiro

I fixed that in rev 5531.

For NPTH pads, the rule is:
Pads are not draw on copper layers (in GERBER plots) when the hole has
the same size, shape and position as the pad.
Reason: Avoid artifacts like this one.

--
Jean-Pierre CHARRAS