Re: Printing

On 3/25/2015 12:22 PM, jp charras wrote:
> Le 25/03/2015 16:36, Wayne Stambaugh a écrit :
>> Orson,
>>
>> Thanks for looking into this.  Linux users will appreciate your efforts.
>>
>> As far as I can tell, it didn't break anything on windows.  The mirrored
>> printing is still broken on windows with wx 3.0.2 but that has nothing
>> to do with your changes.  I have to keep a build of 3.0.1 to do mirrored
>> printing so I can etch prototype boards.  I'll test this on linux when I
>> get a chance.
>>

> To etch prototypes, you could use ps files created by the plot ps
> dialog, and print them using gsview (to avoid to maintain a wx 3.0.1 build).
> (strangely, print mirror works for me on W7 (32 bits) + wx 3.0.2)

I cannot get 3.0.2 to work with 32 bit builds using ether gcc 4.7.2 (old
msys/mingw32) or gcc 4.9.2 (msys2/mingw32).  Are you running your 32 bit
builds on a 32 bit or 64 bit system?  I'm running on 64 bit systems so
maybe that's the problem.

> This is the way I used at IUT to make prototype boards of my students,
> and it works fine (the scale is very accurate, especially if you are
> using ps printers, but it works fine with other printers).

Thanks for the tip.  I've done this in the past when printing from KiCad
was really hit or miss.  Things have gotten much better.  It's just more
convenient to print directly from KiCad rather than going through the
extra step of printing to postscript and then printing the postscript file.