Re: thoughts on dependency on SISL library

Viva Miguel,

We should be fine, from https://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl-faq.html#v3Notwithstanding: <https://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl-faq.html#v3Notwithstanding:>

In AGPLv3, what counts as “interacting with [the software] remotely through a computer network?”

     If the program is expressly designed to accept user requests and send responses over a network, then it meets these criteria. Common examples of programs that would fall into this category include web and mail servers, interactive web-based applications, and servers for games that are played online.

    If a program is not expressly designed to interact with a user through a network, but is being run in an environment where it happens to do so, then it does not fall into this category. For example, an application is not required to provide source merely because the user is running it over SSH, or a remote X session.

BTW, I think it was an extremely generous parting gift from Dick Hollenbeck to allow the project-lead (or Jean Pierre) to relicense the code he provided under GPLv3.

Regards,
Martijn