Re: Looking for KiCad success stories

On Fri, Mar 27, 2015 at 5:02 AM, Javier Serrano <
javier.serrano.pareja@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Dear all,
>
> For the annual report of the CERN and Society Foundation, we are
> looking for success stories which could illustrate the impact of CERN
> contributions. I know it's a bit early, but if you know of any, be it
> in academia, industry or other, please let me know off list. I will
> also write to the users list.
>
> Thanks!
>
> Javier

Maybe there could be some value to some network code which calls
home to check for occasional 'announcements'? This way we can
get such requests to any user on the internet (assuming no
firewalls blocking requests). I have found it is difficult to get any
feedback on the mailing lists since most users don't join. I even
know of some corporate users who don't join the lists but who
probably benefit from the CERN contributions. Posting on the
kicad website may also help, but long-time users I imagine would
rarely look at the website.

- Cirilo