Re: thoughts on dependency on SISL library

IANAL...

On Fri, Mar 27, 2015 at 04:42:24PM +0100, Miguel Ángel Ajo wrote:
> I’m not sure it fits all use cases I could think of, for example,
> let’s think you’re a board assembler/manufacturer, and you setup
> a site that accepts KiCad designs, and processes the files
> automatically via scripting to send you a cost estimation,
> and other information.
>
> Having SINTEF as AGPL could require them to publish their
> website scripts?, or their processing scripts?

I do not think so since AGPL do not automatically extend over external
scripts...

> , it would be nice
> by the way, since other assemblers could have the chance to
> start doing the same, but… it’s probably an entry barrier for
> this ti happen.
>
> opinions?,

See these already answered related questions:

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/12165092/agpl-license-and-non-disclosed-user-scripts-like-blender-python-scripts
http://programmers.stackexchange.com/questions/236184/do-i-need-to-publish-deployment-scripts-for-deploying-agpl-licensed-work-mongod

bye

--