Re: Feature Request: ViaStiching

Le 27/03/2015 22:39, John Beard a écrit :
> Hi,
>
> The array tool should make rudimentary stitching possible - just create a
> grid of the via you want to duplicate and remove any that aren't in the
> area you want. It's a fully manual process, but it seems to interact
> sensibly with zones at least - see the attached screenshot for the
> behaviour for different and same nets (i.e part of or not part of the
> zone). I have no idea if this is a generally "good" workflow, but I
> suppose it is something!
>
> The attached patch corrects an oversight in the legacy renderer where
> vias can't be duplicated by the hotkey. It already works OK in the GAL.
>
> Cheers,
>
> John

John,
Currently, vias not connected to a pads (by tracks) are considered as
not connected (i.e. have the net 0) as soon as the board connections are
recalculated

This is true also for tracks connected to nothing, and I am thinking
this is the right way to handle not connected track segments (vias are
also track segments) when the board connections are recalculated.

Moreover, these tracks are removed by the board cleaning functions.

Via stitching is not a thing which is easy to add.
Be sure this feature requires a lot of work (DRC, filling zone
algorithms ... ) and needs file format changes.

--
Jean-Pierre CHARRAS